Local Master Gardener foundations, associations, etc., may be willing to share their forms, bylaws, policies, etc., with other foundations. Click here for a list of WSU Master Gardener Program websites to help you locate a particular county foundation, etc.
You must install Adobe Acrobat Reader® on your computer to view and print files in PDF format.
Should you need further information about downloading Adobe Acrobat Reader®, click here.
The MOA Process
- Letter from WSU Extension to Master Gardener Organizations (doc)
- Comments from the WSU Assistant Attorney General (doc)
- Sample letter from Boards of Directors (doc)
- Sample MG Application (doc)
Washington State Bar Association Non-Profit's Reference Handbook:
Information for nonprofits and charities
Application for County Dependent Chapter Membership in the MGFWS
A county wishing to apply for dependent status with the MGFWS should download one of the following forms. Download the doc file if you wish to complete it on a computer. Download the pdf file if you wish to complete it in pen.
MGFWS Application for Dependent County Status (doc)
MGFWS Application for Dependent County Status (pdf)
Contact Information Regarding Business Licensing, Registration and Renewal
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 40234
Olympia, WA, 98504-0234
Phone (360) 753-7115
Web-based Procedures for Checking the Status of a Master Gardener Organization
- With the Secretary of State:
- Go to Corporations Division
- Click on the link marked "Corporations Search"
- Enter your organization's official name or UBI in the search box and click "search"
- Enter the name exactly as registered or search using only a portion of non-profit's name, e.g. master gardener foundation.
- With the Internal Revenue Service:
- To learn about status as a 501(c)(3) organization, click
- NOTE: The procedures above are also available in the MG Statewide Staff Handbook listed under "Guidelines and Procedures" at the official WSU Master Gardener web site.
Insurance Information for Non-Profits
Consult with your local insurance professional about your needs and rates.
Unlicensed Raffles Information
Here is the link for information about raffles: State Raffle Rules (pdf).
Rules and Regulations Relating To Fundraising By Master Gardeners.
For information on fundraising provided by WSU, click here. (pdf)
Information Sharing Among Local Master Gardener Organizations.